Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 ATOA Status Effect Pops
ATOA Status Effect Pops
Version: 1.1

Introduction
This script creates a new damage pop option for the ATOA ACBS system, now drawing status effect/ailment names along when a character is so effected while in battle.

Like the original system, graphics for status damage pops are kept within the Graphics\Digits folder. Otherwise, it will draw damage pops using the more traditional draw_text method.

Script
"Here there be script"

Instructions
In the script as always.

Notes
Mix match of graphically rendered and text drawn damage pops is not visually recommended. Both handle positioning differently.

Compatibility
For use with Atoa's (Victor Sant's) ACBS system.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial games. And as this script was requested by Noctis, you have to give both of us credit for this script.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Wink 
Thank you really, really much for turning my thoughts into reality. I really wounder if you are just a private programmer or if you actually studied it the whole time.
Problem is, that it doesnt work for me. I used your settings and tried a poison attack on me. Despite the fact, that it actually inflicted me with poison, nothing happend.
Sorry for troublng you. 

Im using atoas Atoa's Active Time Battle Version and some other of his addons like Battle Camera etc.
Maybe its because of this?
Reply }
When developed, I used the CTB system and ATB system as test subjects.  AND I just tested it with Battle Camera with no problem.  The system only aliases and attaches code to his damage pops system which no other add-on even messes with, so there should be no conflict at all.

The setting by default in my script for the #3:Venom pop is to show the name 'Poisoned'.  If there is a "Poisoned.png" in your Graphics\Digits folder, it SHOULD show that png file.  If not, it should show "Poisoned" as a text-rendered pop in green color according to the Dmg_Stat_Colors settings.

That is, of course, assuming that the poison/venom state is state #3, and it is not a state identified in the Dmg_State_Skip array.

EDIT:  I also tested it with the following which does affect damage conditions:  Two Hands, Custom Damage, Skill Combination Combo Displays and Legaia combo.  Of these, I had to set one of the combos to inflict a status ailment... I chose Flash Combo.  It only applied poison once, but it did pop.  The only one I had issues was Legaia combo.  It asked for four arrows... but even 'cheating' and setting my AP points to 30, I couldn't do a Legaia combo in a NEW project (I think that plugin is buggy).
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
I tried this actually with a default ATOA acbs and just with this addon and it worked. With both default text and a poison graphic I made.
Sadly, it wont work  just for my project ((
EDIT: After putting your addon BEYOND the ctb addon it worked perfectly.
I love you! ))))) 
Is it possible to change the effect how long a certain status pop up will be shown or how they show up? Just asking
Reply }
Glad it worked. Laughing Special effects are usually added after more major systems. Something like a damage pop would tend to be after anything like Final Fantasy limit breaks, just in case there is a 'Limit Break' popup to show. Script order... That's the thing to always consider.

But as towards your additional inquiry, yes... and no To make the damage pops, it is tied to the existing damage pop system. As such, the actual damage pop bounce will be replicated. However, a new BUMP!!!!
BUMP TO VERSION 1.1
The system now has additional values to set the number of frames in which the status effect pop stays on the screen before it does its bounce and vanishing act as controlled by the rest of the battlesystem.

Reply }
Thanks so much!
Reply }
I've been using this battle system in my game for several years now and have made some modifications here and there for compatibility with other scripts. But I thought I'd give this a try just to see if there are any issues and it seems to be working just fine for me as well. Cheers! Happy
[Image: 403089fd-8655-4933-856d-34b1f3ca91a6.png]
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   DoubleX RMMV Status Bars Compatibility DoubleX 0 1,464 02-06-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: DoubleX
Smile  Soul's Better Status Screen SoulZetaformGames 7 8,764 11-11-2021, 09:20 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   DoubleX RMMV Status Bars DoubleX 2 6,038 07-07-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: DoubleX
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 221,512 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   Breath Effect LiTTleDRAgo 0 3,668 05-15-2017, 09:05 AM
Last Post: LiTTleDRAgo
   ATOA Chanting Battle Animations DerVVulfman 9 15,437 01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Noctis
   Text Sound Effect (SE) v1.1 Zerbu 3 7,165 11-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Enemy Melee Status Attacks DerVVulfman 3 7,514 10-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets
   Yanfly Battle Status Helladen 3 7,290 04-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Helladen
   Victor Engine - Custom Slip Effect Victor Sant 0 4,413 08-03-2012, 12:44 AM