Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Autotile Data
Due to there being so much info on RMXP, RMVX, and RMVX Ace autotiles that even CSS and Spoiler tags won't be able to do this thread justice, I will be linking to each page instead.

Introduction
This was something I was bored enough to experiment with and learn a little more about. Okay, it was more like I had to since I'm writing a Tile Substitution / Placement script that -- as of this writing -- will be up very soon. Some of the information here is probably a no-brainer to those who worked with autotiles before.

Link to full versions of the tutorial
Reply }
you have to be the king of niche use. under what circumstances would i implement this?
Reply }
Want to make a MiniMap script? That's one of 'em. Only one I can think of right now that is. Perhaps to decode a map and do an import-export? *SHRUGS*
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Anything to do with Map Data manipulation, I suppose. Looking into it made me learn a little more about autotiles work. This should be useful when looking into using autotiles for a script I'm writing (Tile Substitution and Replacement).

Edit: I just added information about VX's Autotiles.
Reply }
Just made a more "fuller" version of the tutorials. Since even CSS and Spoiler tags won't be able to do this thread justice, I will be linking to pages for each maker.
Reply }