Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Making Forest Maps with the Random Map Generator
Hi, @DerVVolfman, thanks for fixing that. Is there a way you can maybe create a demo of an outside forest, mountain, and castle, using the same demo? Thanks!

* Split off from the Random Map Generator Script. Asking for assistance in its use to make maps, not solving problems or the like.
Reply }
A forest won't really work with this system, unless you use RPG Maker VX's forest autotiles. Mountains and castles will work just fine however!

I need to learn how to use this system for my project anyways (I HATE mapping; might as well make the computer do as much of it as possible), so I think I'll try my hand at making an updated demo. With VVulfman's permission of course.

EDIT: Perhaps not. I'll work on a how-to though, if I can find the time.
Reply }
Yes PLEASE, MechanicalPen! PLEASE do an upgraded demo, 1 map of each type of terrain. forest, village, town, castle town, etc. The problem with this script (which NEEDS to be fixed), is the fact that you MUST have a ceiling and you MUST have a floor. What if I wanted to create an OUTDOOR forest that HAS no ceiling? Or a sky chase which is only in an airplane? You get the gist. Do it, and I will mention you in the credits. I will also give you a free full version copy of my game once I complete it + all upgrades free for life! :)
Reply }
You can actually leave out the bits you don't want. up to and including have no floor, and collision tiles to run into. A forest in this script won't really work, unless you maybe maybe a randomly generated path, and have trees as randomly placed events (this would probably lag a lot.)

Mostly I've been trying to figure out how I can create rooms with this system, as opposed to hallways (clumping relays together seems to work)

I forget, is there a script out there that can make an event delete itself? (I know about "erase event' but does that stop it from taking up memory/cpu cycles?)
Reply }
If you could somehow make it randomly create a forest, @MechanicalPen, I'd be greatful!
Reply }
Small bump
Reply }
Bumpety bump...
Reply }
Typical requests within most forums suggest a 72 hr wait between bumps.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
It's been 72+ hours, so...

Bump
Reply }
Okay okay. If you really want it that badly, I'll show you.

Edit: Here we are. http://www.2shared.com/file/J5vRaQvF/RandomForest.html
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   BIG MAPS and Anti-Lag Melana 8 6,868 06-09-2020, 03:14 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Lycan abs - Making enemies flee on sight ChickenFetus 1 3,881 06-07-2016, 04:39 AM
   Calling Random Numbers Alistor 7 7,862 09-08-2013, 08:41 PM
   Need Help on Making Battle Status Window riou 4 9,517 03-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Victor Sant
   XP maps saved in RB files kyonides 1 5,324 05-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Last Post: vgvgf
   Help Making Random Maps ShadowIce 0 2,904 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ShadowIce
   Using animations in a scene (unrelated to battles and maps) PK8 4 7,947 11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: PK8
   Random Monster Groups Yin 25 27,111 08-18-2009, 06:04 AM
   Making selectables with columns? PK8 0 3,452 08-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PK8